Our Collective Achievements
I would like to acknowledge the tasks undertaken by the Parish Committee Directors over the past 20 months.
Many of you may not know but the Parish Committee Directors have worked tirelessly behind the scenes in maintaining our beautiful Church, grounds and ancillary buildings ensuring the prosperity and continued service of our Parish. It is important to note that all this would not have been possible without your ongoing support, contribution and weekly donations.
We thank you and appreciate your generosity and would like to share with you our collective achievements:
- Installed solar panels to keep our electricity costs at bay.
- Pressure cleaned the external concrete areas, fences, brickwork, tiles and walls of the Church.
- Installed a new photocopier to advertise Church events, to distribute and prepare education materials for our Greek language students. We also upgraded the office software in Father Dimitrios' Office and purchased a new printer.
- Replaced the electricity pole at the Church entrance.
- A number of repairs in the Parish Kitchen including installing a roller shutter to the servery window, replaced the industrial extraction unit, repaired and secured the stainless steel bench, serviced the stove and installed lockable cupboard doors.
- Replaced and repaired door locks.
- Repainted all classrooms.
- Repainted markings in our car park.
- Repaired and fixed the floor tiles outside the Kitchen.
- Ongoing roof and maintenance repairs.
- Purchased numerous gazebos to assist in holding onsite outdoor events.
- We held our Black Tie Dinner in September 2016 where some lucky winners went home with some sporty themed prizes.
- We danced the night away at our Apokries Taverna Night held in February 2017.
- We celebrated the naming of our Church in April 2016 and April 2017, with our Esperino and Panygiri (Fete Day).
- We held the 50th Anniversary Dinner to farewell our founding father, Fr Chris Vergos at Le Montage, in May 2017.
- We also held a 50th Anniversary Panygiri (Fete Day).
- Our new Church website was created and launched in August 2016.
- Secured Paroula, the services of an experienced and well regarded dance instructress. She teaches our children Greek traditional dances every Wednesday evening.
- Expanded our Greek School Programme to include a Campbelltown Campus at St John’s The Evangelist School, every Tuesday afternoon. Greek Dancing lessons are also included in the programme.
- Administrative and operational improvements have been made.
On behalf of the Committee, we would like to thank you, the Parishioners for your contribution that has enabled the above to become possible.
As you can see there are many tasks, ongoing repairs and upgrades which our Committee oversees and I would like to especially thank our Committee Directors for sacrificing their time to ensure your contribution is put towards servicing our community and improving our facilities in the best interest of our parishioners.
With the Lord’s blessing there are still many challenges and expenses ahead which the Directors are working meticulously towards achieving. They include:
- Purchasing additional gazebos.
- Repairing the Church windows which are currently leaking during heavy rain.
- Re-fixing loose ceiling panelling.
- Roof maintenance and repairs.
- Repainting externally the domes in the bell towers.
"And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.” Galatians 6:9
Please be assured that we will continue to walk tirelessly as voluntary servants in the best interests of the Parish and in the Lord’s name.
Mr John Rekouniotis